Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Things that make you go "Hmmm"

I was cleaning my son's room today and realized a lot of small things that were actually quite funny...

I found a teaspoon, a medicine cup, and a juice box that hadn't been opened. I have no clue if it was my son that put them there, or if my daughter had done it, but I just started laughing, because it seems no matter what I ask him to do with them, and he fully acknowledges where things belong, he just WILL NOT do it.

I looked around the room... clothes on the floor that he had changed (hamper is RIGHT NEXT TO HIS DOOR), hangers all over the place... trash from toys he'd opened... a scrabble box with absolutely none of the pieces left in it.

I decided to go to my computer desk for a moment to check on my forums, then looked around and realized "wow, I'm the same exact way!"

Now, I notice this probably every few months or so, when I really get to paying attention to it, and it's quite funny, actually... like mother like... well, son in our case.

My daughter makes messes, too, but they are more sparatic. Like, she will walk around for half hour with her dirty clothes before dropping it somewhere. But my son and I, you can tell exactly where we were when we changed clothes, can tell where we ate something or drank something, where we took our medicine, etc.

Not a thing to be proud of-definitely something to work on, as things can get quite cluttered from it. But still humorous nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment